Which telescope to buy?

Hi everybody, i am a beginner in this but really wanted to buy the best telescope in my budget(probably not a beginner one, there is a reason to this statement lol), my budget is something like rs 2 lakh, i.e. nearly 3599.20USD and i want a reflector only...

i would've posted some examples from indian sites that i have liked but the problem is that they are way too overpriced(some are like 50% more of price in US!!!).

I can buy from amazon or any other site if the seller is delivering the item to india(i don't want to use delivery forwarding because it takes too much time and talking).

I have many more questions to ask you guys especially about deep sky imaging and imaging milky way belt by a normal programmable camera.

I wouldn't say much but nearly everyone i have seen here looks much good in astronomy and i want to learn from you guys...

If you want to do deep sky imaging you should think carefully. The priority order is mount-camera-telescope. For DS imaging reflectors can be hard work. They can also be good if you are prepared to work at it. But first you need a mount that can deliver accurate tracking and that is priority number one.

Olly

http://ollypenrice.s...39556&k=FGgG233

i am definitely prepared to work on it, btw i was looking into those mounts before i posted this thread(most of them were available for refractors only)...leave deep sky imaging aside for a while, but can i do a good reflector for viewing and tracking locked objects?

If you are wanting to get into DSO imaging, then the easiest way to do it is with a refractor scope. So I'd start off with an NEQ6, 80ED and an Atik 314L+. If you can get hold of a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' from the book section of FLO that would be a very worthwhile purchase.

DSO imaging is very demanding on your mount, so you need a good one, certainly it's more important than the scope and the camera, as you'll be wanting to take many long exposures to get your finished picture.

Due to the nature of AP, I am of the opinion that you get what you can to make life as easy as possible, trust me, it will be hard enough already without adding equipement into the mix. To this end I use refractors and recommend them as they are the easiest scope you can use.

Archived