Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lyra 102mm F11 flocking

Hi

I want to flock behind the objective lens but the dew shield is proving impossible to remove. Has anyone managed to remove it and gain access to the lens cell etc?

It must come off somehow as the cell is advertised as collimatable.

I have flocked the focuser tube and rear of the ota no problem

I did just that very job, but it was a while ago and I can't remember off hand how the shield is removed. I know I made a modification of some kind to it...

I hope to have the scope out tomorrow in h-alpha mode so I'll have a look at it then and get back to you.

For what it's worth, it's definately a worthwhile job to do. :)

Ant

Hi

I want to flock behind the objective lens but the dew shield is proving impossible to remove. Has anyone managed to remove it and gain access to the lens cell etc?

Sorry for the late reply as I don't usually use SGL.

If you grip firmly the Black ring of the dew shield and turn the White part of the dew shield counter-clockwise you will then be able to access the cell. You can then unscrew the lens cell from the tube. Just a word of warning,the threads are quite fine and you need to be careful with them. You will also notice the 3 sets of screws on the countercell which are collimation and tilt screws. If you need any more help please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Clear Skies.

Glen.

Lyra Optic.

Hi

Sorry for the late reply as I don't usually use SGL.

If you grip firmly the Black ring of the dew shield and turn the White part of the dew shield counter-clockwise you will then be able to access the cell. You can then unscrew the lens cell from the tube. Just a word of warning,the threads are quite fine and you need to be careful with them. You will also notice the 3 sets of screws on the countercell which are collimation and tilt screws. If you need any more help please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Clear Skies.

Glen.

Lyra Optic.

Thanks Glen now sorted.

As the shield is a large diameter I had to get one of these as my grip would not release the thread.

post-13264-0-12734700-1369469551_thumb.j

Simples from that point onwards, I decided to stick the flocking to black card rather than stick it to the ota. This will allow me to remove it should I need to return it to original condition.

Archived