Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon Shots 19/05/2013

After a few months of drama and nasty occurrences, I'm back, in a new house (with a back garden woo-hoo!). Decided to have a play around attaching my DSLR to the back of the refractor (I'm calling it the Baby Scope now I've got the 150mm newtonian as well) and mess around with various settings to see what results I could get. After uploading the pics, realised that my optics need a good clean before my next sesh, as the dusk shots are marred by fibres and dust. At least they aren't scratches I suppose!! Any feedback/ advice would be grand, thanks. Nat xx

• 2 months later...

Having only just seen this thread (being 2 months old), quite disappointing there were no responses to it. But will all that aside.

I like the shots. Moon shots during the day Ive always found difficult to get a balance between the sky and moon. What kind of refractor are you using? Have you tried taking any shots through your 150 newt (if its on a tripod?), i think you may get the entire moon on the sensor then as well.

Matt.

• 2 months later...

Hey Matt, I'm using the SkyScout.  I've moved yet again (back to mum's lol)  Haven't used the reflector yet, can't get the rings to close (weak female strength I guess) and my collimator's gone missing.  But I am hoping that at some point this winter, I will get to my first light with the newtonian.  Do you know of any companies that do an optics cleaning service? Nat xx

Archived