Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO ASI035MM anyone?

long_arms

Hello,

Im currently using a little Point Grey firefly mono. I have been quite pleased with my pictures so far but it really struggles with Saturn...a very noisy camera.

I am on a very tight budget but spotted this little camera by ZWO. Can't find any reviews whatsoever but it claims to have no fixed pattern noise! Thoughts?

www.zwoptical.com/Eng/Cameras/ASI035/index.asp

Dan

I've just got the 120MC (1/3" chip, 1.2 MB, CMOS, colour), and only used it once (only arrived last week) and I am very pleased. I can't comment on how much noise there is as i've only done 2 minute video clips of Saturn (but lots of them).

It is small, compact and feels solid, like the Atik cameras.

Damian Peach the planetary guru recomended the camera to me (given my requirements), though Dion at the astronomy show said to me he saw an earlier version of these cameras and thought they were f;&@-":? s€*¥.

You might want to factor into the equation, that these cameras come from Shanghai if you order them from the Zwo website, and you'll pay in American dollars, and for several people the camera has arrived in a few days and slipped under the radar of customs and excise at the UK boarder, and therefore the camera has cost a third less than the prices you might otherwise see advertised in pounds sterling. But there is a chance customs will catch yours and add on that extra.

I suspet adding another £100 onto your budget would allow you to get one of the QHY cameras which evryone raves about. There is always the second hand market, there was a QHY mono on astrobuysell the other day (may still be there).

Bit i'm happy with the design, build quality, delivery and communication and the results i've seen so far with my limited experience of a camera in this range.

James

Archived