Cygnus & Milky Way

Not exactly a spectacular shot, but last night (or rather, this morning), I went up to Denbigh Moors to see what it was like at 3am. I took a load of photos but this is about the best of them. Cygnus & part of the Milky Way. It's a single 30s exposure at 18mm, f/4.5, ISO 3200, edited slightly for contrast in Photoshop.

8730570223_b2bb64863b_c.jpg

IMG_2009_ed_r by rokushakubo, on Flickr

I need to work out how to attach my DSLR to my new CG-5 mount so that I can take longer exposures.

Denbigh Moors is a great location with very little light pollution - however, I wasn't quite prepared for how early the rising sun starts to ruin the view!!! By 3:45am, the sky was far too bright to get any good shots of the milky way.

I'd go with Peter's suggestion. A ball-head on a piece of dovetail works very nicely. The ball-head makes it very easy to frame a shot compared with messing about with the mount.

James

Archived