Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ED80 Equinox focus tension

Ok a bit of info guys and gal , it may not be of any use unless you have or maybe purchase an Equinox ED80 , but as many of you know i have had troubles with the ed80 Equinox , where as the weight of the ccd drew the focussing tube down and out of focus , this has been a nightmare for me imaging, having chatted with Bern tonight , i expressed to him i had a faulty scope, the old ED80 only had a retaining or locking screw to hold focus tight , itappears this EQUINOX WAS THE SAME , but after chatting away , we decided there must be another tension screw somewhere , well i had alook , but could not find anything ,although the light was not good , so i said i would at least have another look at it ,

well i did,nt want to remove it from the C11, so just unlocked the swivel , as the end can be turned around ,which is a good thing really , this exposed the underside of thescope , it has a flat area between the adjusting wheels , in the middle of the flat area there is a hole , getting a light on it , i revealed an allen key deep down , about 2 mm , it felt tight , but gave it a big turn and low and behold i had tension on the focus tube , whacked the ccd on and it works perfect WHHOOO HOOO i fixed it , the tube does not drop anymore and the tension allows lovely smooth turns with the focus wheel , at last i can now focus in secs instead of 30 mins plus .

Rog

Archived