Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Calling all the background masters

Hi AG, I've had a chance to open your picture now. Very nice! You have found a lot of colour I didn't know was there, particularly reds and pinks. How did you bring these out in the processing?

Also, the png. file came out very small, is there another format you could share it in?

Thanks,

Neil

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi AG, I've had a chance to open your picture now. Very nice! You have found a lot of colour I didn't know was there, particularly reds and pinks. How did you bring these out in the processing?

Also, the png. file came out very small, is there another format you could share it in?

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Sorry that I have not replied to your post earlier. I work in a restaurant and well you know the story, a few days and nights of work without break. Where I am is near the damn airport so there is lp even at 50 degrees , almost all my exposures longer than 30s are washed out with orange goo . I have started using StarTools, it has a very steep learning curve for me but it does the job. I just need to learn to get consistent results from it.

Regards,

A.G

Hi Neil,

Sorry that I have not replied to your post earlier. I work in a restaurant and well you know the story, a few days and nights of work without break. Where I am is near the damn airport so there is lp even at 50 degrees , almost all my exposures longer than 30s are washed out with orange goo . I have started using StarTools, it has a very steep learning curve for me but it does the job. I just need to learn to get consistent results from it.

Regards,

A.G

Hi A.G.,

I sympathise, especially regarding the airport - those planes and their vapour trails regularly mess up my images.

So, did you use StarTools for my pic.? The red in it was a nice surprise - I thought my unmodded camera made it a hard to capture it in galaxies.

Regards,

Neil

Hi A.G.,

I sympathise, especially regarding the airport - those planes and their vapour trails regularly mess up my images.

So, did you use StarTools for my pic.? The red in it was a nice surprise - I thought my unmodded camera made it a hard to capture it in galaxies.

Regards,

Neil

Yep, I did and a little tweak in CS2.

Regards,

A.G

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of a lay-off (GCSE revision sessions for the youngest), here is my own version of my data. I used a mask (thanks, Rik) to pull out the faint bits and increase the brightness of the centre, whilst keeping the background dark, but the latter is still a bit mucky.

Thanks to everyone for their help and efforts.

post-22142-0-43776900-1369867492_thumb.j

Archived