NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

More pics and and an error!

Carl Reade

Here are some more pics I managed to get last night. M13, M5, M92 and M57. I used my UHC filter for the first time. Last nights lesson! Switch the menu off when recording lol!! :grin:

I left a passing satellite in the cluster shot nearly every shot I take something passes by!

post-30085-0-65119400-1367926251_thumb.j

post-30085-0-15493500-1367926268_thumb.j

post-30085-0-62633400-1367926284_thumb.j

Will have to seperate post M57 as it wont load.

Hi Paul,

Yes I believe they are the same camera. The UHC filter is made by Optics and it is for really for nebula only it doesnt have any real effect with stars or galaxys. I tried it for the first time on M57 on this thread and it cut the LP out and brought out the gas colour very well, no added colour in processing. I just now need to try a 2 x Barlow to increase the size.

I would say yes a UHC is great buy.

The next time we get a clear one here I will take some comparison shots of M57 with and without it.

Have you any shots with your 435?

Cheers Carl

Hi Carl

I posted a picture of Panstarrs in another thread. I also have some captures of M51, M93 and M13 from last week that I'm processing - seem to have a lot of Amp glow in the upper left corner. Forgot to take any darks so not sure how to get rid of the glow.

I've not done much capturing - usually use a 7" LCD monitor for viewing.

Your captures look like they have little or no Amp glow - what settings did you use?

Clear skies

Paul

Where are you getting the good weather Carl....clouds tonight again ..was watching them before going dark they were going at some rate of travel. ..bored out my skull...ordered the eqtooth mod for my eq3/2 pro tonight and picked up a laptop to reinstall xp on once I buy a ext cdrom...hope to leave that in shed for image capture side and eqtooth to my other laptop mount control. ..cheers Davy...

Where are you getting the good weather Carl....clouds tonight again ..was watching them before going dark they were going at some rate of travel. ..bored out my skull...ordered the eqtooth mod for my eq3/2 pro tonight and picked up a laptop to reinstall xp on once I buy a ext cdrom...hope to leave that in shed for image capture side and eqtooth to my other laptop mount control. ..cheers Davy...

Davy weather exactly the same here :mad: I dont trust weather people I just look at the UK satellite sequence on Met office, all the clusters were taken in a 4 hour gap, unfortunately the good stuff dosnt come up to about 1 am and I messed up with M57 recording the camera menu by 2 30. Will be interested in the eqtooth to see how that goes.

There may be a decent gap tomorrow night hopefully! :smiley:

Hi Carl

I posted a picture of Panstarrs in another thread. I also have some captures of M51, M93 and M13 from last week that I'm processing - seem to have a lot of Amp glow in the upper left corner. Forgot to take any darks so not sure how to get rid of the glow.

I've not done much capturing - usually use a 7" LCD monitor for viewing.

Your captures look like they have little or no Amp glow - what settings did you use?

Clear skies

Paul

Have to say Im new to this but I have found that amp glow is part of the camera electronics and cant be stopped with the Samsung. The settings I use are brightness 1 and AGC to low and then adjust sense to between 128 and full 512.

Stacking I find brings out little more detail. I then put the photo into Photoshop 2 and slightly adjust the levels and curves to get rid of the amp glow. Im still baffled with processing!

I did take a dark of about 100 frames and tinkerd with it in DSS and yes it gets rid of amp glow so it is worth doing.

Congrats on Panstarrs he eluded me!!

Heres M51 live and played with. There is more detail in there than you think!

post-30085-0-10407300-1368230199_thumb.j

Pinwheel gl.bmp

Hopefully this bit of info helps as I say no expert and still learning about settings.

Cheers Carl

Archived