Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Syncing to a target with a Celestron SE Mount.

A quick question for those who know the Celestron SE mount please.

if I synch to let's say Regulus in Leo, and then later that same observing session synch to Porrima, does the second synch overwrite the first? Would one way of building and enhancing the accuracy of the mount be to synch to a few targets each session? Or does synching only work with the most recent target synced to?

thanks,

Chris

I had assumed that it overwrote the last entry each time. I found that it helped if the next object I wanted to slew to was fairly close and weirdly made it worse if it wasn't. Overall I found that for a quick blast a solar system align and then sync worked ok for a small area of the sky with most objects being visible in a 25mm eyepiece. For me though, a full sky align worked best for a larger area of the sky but after an hour or so the accuracy would actually diminish I don't know how long you've had a nexstar mount but I have had one of the range for years. For me the accuracy was ok most nights and so long as I didn't expect too much then I enjoyed the session. Still the balance and initial alignment do help as do the alt and az final approach settings.

Archived