NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepiece projection through Delos?

I have a canon 450 DSLR and I used to take the occasional picture through a 13 mm Hyperion eyepiece with a celestron T Ring and a Hyperion T adapter. I sold the Hyperion after I bought the Delos.

Does anyone know if its possible to take images through the Delos and if so what adapter I need to connect to the camera? I've removed the rubber eye guard on the eyepiece and there isn't a thread so I'm guessing the answer is no.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 2 years later...

Richard,

This is a bit late and you may well have resolved this, but to answer your question, I’ve found you can connect a Delos Eyepiece to a DSLR camera.

You need a Televue DEC-0049 Digital Camera Adapter Ring for 49mm Filter Threads - a 42 to 49mm Step up Adapter Ring and a T Ring to fit your camera. I have a Canon 5D MKII and use a Wide T Ring with a 42mm female thread. I found the DEC-0049 very difficult to get hold of in the UK. The DRA-0049 Radian Adapter may be an option but it does appear to come with an uneccessary Radian Housing Unit.

I have a TSA102 and use Delos 10mm and Delos 4.5mm eyepieces. Also connects a Nagler 7mm Type 6.

After removing the rubber eyecup, I put rubber bands around the top of the eyepiece recess to prevent the 3 adapter holding screws scratching the recess surface. Seems to work.

Stephen

Hi Richard, I could have sworn I answered your post a while ago, perhaps it was someone else with the same query.

I made an adapter out of plumbing fittings that works quite well to connect 6mm Ethos to DSLR mainly to try and image double / triple stars, never got any further than Albiero, so much to do and so few clear skies to do it.

Dave

post-21198-0-02711000-1445953291_thumb.j

Thanks Stephen, that's good information, I'd forgotten all about this question?

Dave, yes I remember seeing something like that before, maybe I had another thread. thanks for posting again. diy doesn't come easily to me so I didn't look into it but it's useful to know it can be done :)

Archived