Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cooled Webcams & DSLRs - vibration problem?

Hello nice people of SGL,

I have recently modded my Lifecam Studio for guiding and I must say it is an amazing webcam that performs really will in low light. with 1sec exposure I had no problem finding good star for guiding.

However, a few nights ago I realised that after about 10 minutes the webcam gets really hot and that adds noise to the guiding image, and the guiding becomes a bit inaccurate. So I decided to mod it even further and add a cooling fan to it.

I managed to flatten the heat exchanged that is on the webcam and attach a Fan&HE to it. but what I now notice (without trying it on starts I must say) is that the webcam slightly vibrates when the fan is connected to power.

Has anyone done anything similar that can advise whether or not the vibration becomes a problem? and if yes, how it can be resolved?

I am also planning to add a peltier cooler to my DSLR (cold finger style rather than cool box) so I really want to know if I will have problem with vibrations...

Many thanks in advance,

Naeim

Archived