Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nebulosity and USB Filter Wheel

Hi

I currently capture my subs using Nebulosity 2 and I am considering adding a USB filter wheel into the mix.

Ideally I'd like the usb wheel so that I can alternate my RGB capture s - i.e. 1 x R, 1 X G, 1 X B and repeat until the clouds arrive. Just lately I've seemingly only managed to get single channel done before interruption.

I appreciate the solution is easy with Artemis Capture and the Atik EFW2. There is just something about that price tag though.... :eek:

Can this sequencing be achieved with an ascom complitant filter wheel and Nebulosity? My research so far would suggest that I'd need to generate a batch script for this to work in Neb2. I've downloaded a tool that will create script but it indicated the scripts get quite long. Is there a simpler way of doing this? Is Nebulosity 3 better?

The Xagyl Comms filter wheel is looking like the favourite at present.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

• 1 year later...

Hi Andy.

I have just got myself a 314L+ and Xagyl filter wheel and then found the problem with Artemis. I am, as I type, using the Neb3 demo and the software is talking to them both. I am on here looking for some sort of tutorial on script writing. Found a couple of generators but would like to understand what is going on. Any ideas?

Matt

Archived