Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peterson Engineering

dwc

A couple of years ago I installed an EZ Clutch Kit from Petersons on my LX90 and was very pleased with the result.

Recently though I have had issues with the clutch either not holding firm or sticking.

On disassembling yesterday I found that the cork friction disk had lost its shape badly and was clearly the cause.

I dropped a mail to Petersons really just to confirm my suspicion that I'd likely been overtightening at some point.

I was really surprised or get a response from Pete within an hour ( on a Saturday). He did confirm my fears, but also offed to put a replacement disk in the post free of charge. He refused my offer of at least covering postage as it was US to UK, and put the disk in the post immediately.

I had been prepared to buy a replacement kit if necessary, so I was really pleased with the outcome and especially with the level of customer service. After all, it was clearly User Error.

http://www.petersonengineering.com/sky/index.htm

Archived