NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

One more question please - then I'll go away - promise :-)

Someone I know recently bought a seben and was trying to tell me about all the amazing things that came with it and how much equipment was included and it was really good value. I didn't have the heart to say 'thats a very nice tie rack youv bought yourself'.

As for which scope, I have the 130P and couldn't be happier with it. The supplied EP's are more than enough to wet your appetite and once you know how to use it and how to navigate the starts its a brilliant piece of kit all round.

One thing to bear in mind though is with photography. If you are planning on doing afocal or webcam images its fine and works a treat, however if you want to attach a DSLR to it a mod is required to move the primary mirror slightly further up the tube to get good focus. There are guides on this forum on how to do it, but its certainly something to think about when making your choice.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a Dob photography is awkward. I might turn out to be the worst astrophotographer in the world but I'd like to have a go.

Ah, you are looking to get into astrophotography, that opens up a whole new world of equipment which other people are far better qualified to comment on than me, and may change some of the recommendations made so far (?)

Clear skies :)

Without measuring it Im not sure and Im at work at the moment, however I'd guess at it being about 90cm long. I'll measure it when I get home if you want :)

I think thats how it attaches to the mount aswell, because I have the tracking one (not the EQ2) the mount has its own shaped seat on the tripod, quite like a bowl, with a threaded screw in the middle. Again, if you want I don't mind taking a pic when I get home so you can have a look.

Yeah I do and no its not too much trouble. Anything to help people get into this and Im always more than happy to show off things I've got, lol. When I was researching what to buy I was grateful for the advice I got and it really helped, so I'm quite happy to pass on as much as I can.

Archived