Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Am I actually dreaming

bomberbaz

Well ok two good nights in a week, managed to bag some new objects.. Jupiter with four moons offset to one side tonight was stunning. Managing to resolve more and more from previously viewed dso's. even sorted out my ep saga. The hobby is so great and even the mrs actually said go on out and enjoy yourself. ( ok did cook a special dinner and corry was on). So whats the catch. When do the wheels come off? Or am I being too pesamistic and are my rewards down to hard work and endevour?

Ps not seen the weather forecast yet :p

My usual pattern is..

"Oh, there's something I want to see tonight... " (usually Jupiter , Saturn, Mars etc, or for extra annoyance, time sensitive stuff like a meteor shower, eclipse etc).

All day it will be clear skies, glorious weather, get home, nice evening twilight with hardly a wisp of cloud.....stars come out....still clear... then you get the scope out, and in the 2 mins it takes to turn my back...,BAM....100% cloud cover.

So much so that I've sat out tonight for about 1.5 hours watching for Lyrids and not seen one, because I would bet a good 50p that come 'peak' time on Monday it will be thick enough cloud that the sun could go Nova and I wouldn't notice for a while!..

no catch, i think we are all entitled to a decent session by now. Fingers crossed for tonight too. I managed to see Saturn in my 200p for the 1st time last night, and even using a 6mm eyepiece i could make out moons, banding and possibly even the cassini division. Jupiter was too low and was just an orange fuzz with 2 bands, but you can't have everything. Clear skies for tonight

Archived