Canon problems

nephilim

My control is different to yours so I have just had another look at it seeing you had yours set on bulb so I set mine on bulb and it still worked.

This is what mine looks like for my 40D.

post-28541-0-24804500-1365850727_thumb.j

Jim

That is the same as I get when I plug my 1000D in. When I plug the 300D in I get one the same as nephilim posted. There are visual differences, the obvious one being the live view button, the 300D has a lot of idiosyncrasies when you are trying to use it. For example if you select bulb you then have to select the shortest exposure and scroll back to the one you want as the right (shorter exposure) button doesn't work when set to bulb!!!!! This doesn't happen with the 1000D control panel.

I have only installed EOS utilities the once so it's not two different pieces of s/w.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jim, i'm waiting for a reply from the byos developer. @Steve, i wasnt tying to run them at the same time, i was using utilities remote capture to see if it was just byos not working. Iv also tried APT but the same problem occurs, so the faults at my end.

Anything back from Guylain yet ... ?

This is driving me daft , so I can't begin to think how you must be feeling.

Yeah, he's thinking the problem is drivers, the camera IS communicating with the software (byos) but for reasons I dont have a clue about its still not working, I've sent another failed image log to him that he's asked for, so see what happens there.........And YES its driving me up the wall, I even dreamt about the poxy thing last night!!! :eek: The thing is, I just know it'll probably be something really simple & daft :rolleyes:

Strange what you can dream about Steve, and sometimes you come across the fix lol

Can I ask how many exe files you have installed after getting rid of the previous install!!

Did you look at your file downloads versions and were they the same as mine I showed you!

Jim

Archived