Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Would like to see Achro Refractor lunar/planetary imaging...

emadmoussa

OK, upon further research, it seems that the 125/5.9 telescope design has three different brand names (differences are in orange)

1) TS 152/900 (Individual Rich Field Refractor 152/900) from Teleskop Express Germany *** 3" Focuser (they call it: high class 3" focuser)

2) Astro-Professional 152/5.9 from Astro Professional Germany *** 2” aluminium Crayford focuser with 1:10 reduction + aluminum carrier suitcase

3) AstroTelescope 152/5.9 from Kunming United Optics in China and carried by its exclusive US dealer, Hands on Optics in Damascus, Maryland *** 2.5" Stellarvue R&P focuser

Having looked at the specs - the three scopes have almost identical features and I would bet the same type of optics. It's stated clearly that the AstroTelescopes version is manufactured in China, which at first sight seems like a turn-off. Even for me personally. Objectively speaking, the lack of trust in Chinese products appears to be a remnant from the past. Most high quality products now are outsourced to Chinese manufacturers for the sake of cutting down costs. These refractors, or at least the so-called Chinese version would've been more expensive if they were manufactured completely in Germany or the US. Plus, we all praise the Skywatcher and Celestron ED refractors, don't we? They're also manufactured in China.

Anyway, the AstroTelescops refractor aside since it's shipped from the US and will cost a fortune just for taxes and shipping. It's now narrowed down to the Astro-professional and TS Individual :

Astro-Professional: 1) £30 more in price but it comes with an aluminum suitcase (which is a good advantage) 2) 2" Crayford focuser

TS Individual 1) £30 less but no carrier suitcase 2) 3" advanced focuser

OK, I'm not sure what advantage a 3" focuser will give me. Is it worth it for £30 extra going for a 2" focuser and suitcase (Astro-Professional)?

I'd appreciate any thoughts :)

Thanks!

Seems like it got another name: Tecnosky v2

http://shop.tecnosky.it/Articolo.asp?SessionID=35FF551E-1FF2-4FE7-8508-F53600D8F081&GetInfo=TKacro152&AddScore=TKacro152&Score=1

152_acro_a.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived