Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How lucky am I?

rowan46

I work as a support worker for adults with a learning disability. Just after Christmas the client I worked with died unexpectedly. Leaving me with the prospect of redundancy, fortunately i was offered a chance to work for the same company but in a different town. I don't drive so it costs me a fortune in train fare but it has a few benefits. The new place I work in is at the edge of town and looks east -south-west over fields and away from much of the light pollution. Last night I got to do a sleep in so I took my scope to work. The clients were in bed and I got to use my scope under the darkest skies I have had since sgl8. Does anybody else get paid to do their Astronomy?

Nice one mate. I've recently moved house & started work in the middle of a vally deep in the lake district with no lp ( Theres no lights there apart from 3/4 buildings. Although i dont get paid to do Astronomy as such, I can store my kit there & use it after work or before, some shifts I start at 6am & can arrive anytime I like without interruption as no one else is up. :grin: So we're both pretty lucky!

Steve

Archived