Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Reflector, Refractors - Its an issue for me

Hi

I have this debate with myself on and off and do need to decide what to do

Current kit is in my signature and with i get reasonable image, i do find wind (atmospheric type) and issue as even a small breeze will move the scope, I also find its size a bit of an issue both in setting up and storage so I want a scope that is physically smaller, whilst I do collimate every time the thought of not doing it is quite attrctive

I only take images of DSO's never do planets etc and am happy to get lots of data, don't think I will replace my modded 450 for some time so thoughts on a scope and the limit is £1000

Thank for looking

Regards

John B

Small fast apo with field flattener. There are lots to choose from. Cheap but remarkably good is the venreable ED80 which FLO will supply as tube only. Then there are lots of triplets. Or you could go for a used TeleVue 85 with the TV flattener. This might scrape in on budget. I think that in practice you'll find this much easier than the big Newt.

Olly

Archived