NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Assembling my new SW ED80

Hi.

So I have taken the plunge and decided to buy an ED80, it arrived and there is no manual inside explaining what the bits are, and how to put them all together.

I'm usually good with piecing things together, but in fear of screwing/unscrewing something I shouldn't then thought it best to ask.

So if anyone reads this that has the ED80 pro then they should remember all the bits that come in the fight case.

I would try and add some pics, but can't see the option where to add them (using my phone).

Any advice would be great, as hopefully if the clouds keep parting, and after Jonathan Creek, I'm hoping to get out there for the first time!

Hi..got the very scope under a month ago..pretty straight forward.take out blank plug on end of focusser you will find an adapter with a 45 degree shamfer at bottled of it and two silver screws at top , fit this to focusser and tighten two silver screws on focusser, now on part you have fitted the lower screw slacken a remove top section that has 1.25 hole in it, take out star diagonal and it will fit to scope then fit your 2" 28mm eyepiece. .you only need part you removed for using 1.25 sized equipment. .the other straight threaded tube is for fitting to a t mount/dslr and other imagining equipment. .hope this I'd clear enough.

Davy

So the Full Setup pic is how it should look fully assembled?

Could you clarify what the part is that I have called "unknown" and what it's used for.

Also, on the star diagonal pic, I have had to take out the section that has the white cap in it, what is this extra section used for since I have to remove it to fit the eyepiece in?

Sorry for the noob questions, but it really would have helped to have a small manual supplied with the scope just indicating what the different parts are and what they are used for.

Finally, if I had a barlow lens or other types of lenses, then where do they sit in the setup?

post-10700-0-46730200-1364913216_thumb.j

post-10700-0-11932800-1364913230_thumb.j

post-10700-0-26981600-1364913240_thumb.j

The white cap sits in the 2" to 1.25 adapter. ..most barlow lens's are 1.25 so it would sit in the adapter but then you would need 1.25 lens' s......or could just buy all 2" equipment.

I can't seem to fit the V shape part into anything apart the focusser on the end of the scope, but then nothing fits on the other end of it (the V is in the scope end).

Sorry, I know this is frustrating to help on such an easy and stupid task!

Yes v shape to scope .held by the two silver screws. ..your right its only place it goes. ..don't wory about asking questions better to ask than damage something. ..too blumming expensive .....lol

I'm sorry gave wrong info the v shape adapter is for mounting a camera to rotate into position ..you were correct the way you put diagonal into focusser with lens. .had mine out tonight ...I have camera on more than lens second nature just to go for the v shape one all the time...sorry for confusing you ..Davy...

Archived