Bring out yer Globs.......

nephilim

We're having a run of clear skies at the moment here in the lakes & tonight (I'll have cursed this no doubt) I'm going on a Glob hunt at a wonderfully dark site in the eastern lakes.

After been wowed with M13 the other week for the first time, i'm wondering if anyone has any other favourites that I can bag. I'll be using my 200p eq5 for the session.

Thanks

Steve

There are quite a few Messier globulars around, but I would also use tonight for a trawl through Virgo. Loads of galaxies there. I am going for a trawl after a binocular hunt for Panstarrs

Ah, good advice Micheal, the moons not up till ALOT later so i may as well make the most of the dark sky. Just getting the Telrad maps sorted then out. :grin:

Good luck to you too. :smiley:

Steve

Ah, good advice Micheal, the moons not up till ALOT later so i may as well make the most of the dark sky. Just getting the Telrad maps sorted then out. :grin:

Good luck to you too. :smiley:

Steve

I had some very nice skies here: spotted no fewer than 42 galaxies, including 20 new ones. It brings the tally up to 305 if I am not mistaken. :D

I had some very nice skies here: spotted no fewer than 42 galaxies, including 20 new ones. It brings the tally up to 305 if I am not mistaken. :D

Clouded over the second we got set up :mad: Forecast clear tonight though.........hmmmmmm we shall see :rolleyes:

Archived