Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Perseus,Pleiades & Washingline

Thanks Kapitain.

I was trying to record a 'naked eye' view of the area of sky outside the back door on the 350D (to match what I could actually see) by varying the exposure time. I'm beginning to think it's a 'mission impossible'. I've still got loads of frames to wade through but at first glance they seem either too light,too dark,have too much detail or not enough. :D

Your an expert imager so might be able to answer something I found strange with the above piccy. The line shows up as yellow on the image but is actually blue in colour! I would add that a few yards away to the left (East) there is a forest of those tall 'orange glowing' street lights. Could they be to blame?

Cheers

CW

You could have claimed that the bright streak was the ISS after a course correction. You wouldn't have got anybody disagreeing with you CW.

By the way, don't leave that rake lying about, your good lady might find it in a way she, and eventually you, wouldn't like. :D

Ron. :D

The line shows up as yellow on the image but is actually blue in colour! I would add that a few yards away to the left (East) there is a forest of those tall 'orange glowing' street lights. Could they be to blame?

Cheers

CW

The washing line is illuminated by the orange light which is reflected into the camera. You are correct in accusing the glowing things.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Archived