Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My final 200p Mod

stevetynant

Well here it is - the final mod for my scope before I upgrade- Not Hi Tec, Doesn't cost a fortune and I won't be showing it off at the next star party but its just want I need to raise the Dob up to get significantly better viewing in my Back garden

After the setting circle ad Wixey, lazy susan, flocking, levelling base and assorted spotting scopes I think thats it now totally pimped out until the next light bucket arrives ( will be a while unfortunately) - anyway thougt I'd post some pictures so you can see what I've been up to

Water Butt holder - price £13

med_gallery_19097_1590_527739.jpg

Now two 18 mm marine ply circles- one sits inside the water butt which stops it moving and the other forms the platform

med_gallery_19097_1590_748320.jpg

The Marine ply circles sit on top of the water butt with a few extra stabilizers to stop the levelling deck from slipping off

med_gallery_19097_1590_1622866.jpg

Finally the levelling deck sits on top of the water butt ready for the 200p Skyliner - which has now raised the whole OTA a good two and a half foot which gives me a lot better views from my back garden.

med_gallery_19097_1590_753391.jpg

and there we go - my final mod

Home brew solutions I love Dobs lol

Hiya Pete, its been a while mate :-) I'm not going eq everything seems a lot of hastle to me to be honest and I like just visual so DOB is the future how big is the question. I'm not sure a twelve inch offers the wow upgrade from 8inches and a sixteen is not as easily transportable so I have a bit of a dilemma but its not like I'm in any hurry so plenty of time to weigh up the options just enjoying what I'm doing at the moment if only these damn clouds would give us a break before the spring sets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Out of the two I bought Pete- I seem to use the neodynium one more but you'd be welcome to try both when we eventually meet up

Len - I've transferred the files you gave me on the stick but looks like I'm not going to get to meet up any time soon- I've left it in my rucksack that I always bring to the meets but if you want me to post it to your home you can give me a pm if you like

cheers folks

Archived