Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

intresting viewing.

tuckstar

Hi all, just came across this and thought it might be something to while away the cloudy nights.

Carl Sagan christmas lecture from 1977. I was born 76 its amazing how far we have come.

Made me smile when he talks about hoping voyager makes it to Jupiter.

Any way enjoy, this is the royal institutes site and has most Christmas lectures as well.

http://richannel.org/christmas-lectures/1977/1977-carl-sagan#/christmas-lectures-1977-carl-sagan--the-earth-as-a-planet

Hi all, just came across this and thought it might be something to while away the cloudy nights.

Carl Sagan christmas lecture from 1977. I was born 76 its amazing how far we have come.

Made me smile when he talks about hoping voyager makes it to Jupiter.

Any way enjoy, this is the royal institutes site and has most Christmas lectures as well.

http://richannel.org...rth-as-a-planet

This came up on another thread a couple of weeks ago. I found the link then.

I remember watching it at as a 13 year old :)

I've watched a few episodes but will eventually watch the rest. It also got me watching Sagan's "Cosmos" on youtube. The full series is available there.

Good stuff!

I've never heard Carl Sagan speak before. Very distinctive style, if they had impressionists back then I bet they did him. I suspect John Culshaw has Carl Sagan in his book somewhere!

Interesting lecture though, few years before I was born (79)

Archived