Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMod/Ascom multiple connections

I'm running Starry Nights / PHD / AstroTortilla connected via EQMod to my EQ6 and for some reason, probably me, I can't get them all connected at the same time.

Normally I would fire up Starry Nights and connect to the scope using the EQ5/6 driver so I can slew around the sky.

Then I fire up PHD for pulse guiding but when I connect to the scope using the EQ5/6 driver I get a Port not available error, because the port has already been grabbed by Starry Nights.

Same for AstroTortilla.

I've tried changing from EQ5/6 to the POTH hub driver and then connect to EQ5/6 and it will do it for the first application but not the other software.

I don't recall having this problem last time but I must be doing something wrong

It will most likely be a windows permissions problem. If apps run wit different permissions what tends to happen is a second instance of EQMOD appears - beacuse the first has already nabbed the port the second one fails. The solution is to makes sure all your client apps and eqmod itself is set to run as administrator (right click option off the file explorer) do that and you should find only a single instance of EQMOD running that acts as asingle hub for as many clinets as you wish to connect.

Chris.

It will most likely be a windows permissions problem. If apps run wit different permissions what tends to happen is a second instance of EQMOD appears - beacuse the first has already nabbed the port the second one fails. The solution is to makes sure all your client apps and eqmod itself is set to run as administrator (right click option off the file explorer) do that and you should find only a single instance of EQMOD running that acts as asingle hub for as many clinets as you wish to connect.

Chris.

thank you Chris ill try that tomorrow. Ignore the other post it might not be needrd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Update: I checked before jumping in the sleeping bag PHD wasn't set to run as admin, the rest were. Hopefully that will sort it when I run it up tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Archived