Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2244

DonRemus

No sign of nebula but chuffed I found it at all. Just scanned, original and negative shown

post-27883-0-47251200-1362527332_thumb.j

post-27883-0-34629500-1362527351_thumb.j

Awesome sky tonight, best yet. Was out for over 3 hours and avoided the usual suspects (Jupiter, M42 etc)

Gary

Lovely sketch that :) You have got the stars in the 'domino' bit spot on. I've never been able to see any nebulosity in this object either. With a UHC filter I found that there seems to be a darker bit south of the central area that I suspect is the dust obscuring the more distant stars. From a darker sky, this would probably show as faint nebulosity.

Agreed. After practice on Stellarium before I went live had to look at cluster several times before I realised I was on it. When you see the Rosette a lot on programs like that you hope to see at least some light wispy bits through the ep. There was a lot of dark around the cluster so I suppose the absence of stars could mean something was there blocking them :-)

Still, happy to find it. I have officially moved on from the totally easy targets now.

Cheers Rik

Archived