Spare 450D batteries

JamesF

I've been looking at buying a spare battery for my 450D (LP-E5), but some of the choices aren't reassuring. Some don't have the same mAh rating as the original and I can't help wondering about the quality of those that are lower and the safety of those that are higher. Prices seem to range from about £5 to £15 too.

Can anyone recommend one they've bought and are happy with?

James

Thanks for the heads up. I am desperate for a proper additional battery - the lack of one cut my night short last week. The cheap fleabay ones for £2.99 are rubbish - ran the camera for an whole 8 mins before it went flat.

Steve

Hi,

just wanted to add some more re-assurance. I've had Canion DSLRS for over 10 years from the 20D upwards and I've used the cheaper ebay batteries as well, some with the same Amh some higher. Had no problems with any of them, and I've put them through their paces professionaly and out in the cold; in fact just purchased one for my 5DMK11 and its fine, charges the same on the Canon charger etc.

Hi,

just wanted to add some more re-assurance. I've had Canion DSLRS for over 10 years from the 20D upwards and I've used the cheaper ebay batteries as well, some with the same Amh some higher. Had no problems with any of them, and I've put them through their paces professionaly and out in the cold; in fact just purchased one for my 5DMK11 and its fine, charges the same on the Canon charger etc.

Must be luck of the draw. I have had three from different ebayers and others that were DoA. None of the "alive" ones maintained power to my camera for more than about 10 mins - even after a fresh charge. Utter rubbish. As I say - luck of the draw....

Archived