Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Good Visual Scope, Yet Practicable Imagery ?

Hi been posting frequently and have decided that I will be buying the NEQ6 along with a visual scope, preferably not a dob, purely on the basis that I would like to practice some simple imagery of DSO's, as well as stargazing visually. This is so that later in the year when I will be purchasing an SW ED80 I will have some decent experience, and will be able to take some great pictures. I'm thinking about the SW 200P but not sure if I can get another equivalent scope for a lower price, or maybe a better scope to suit my needs?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks - Alex

I think a reflector would such as the SW200 would complement the visual aspect nicely. However, you'll want another mount for it later on, when the ED80 is taking up the NEQ6.

An alternative would be a mid-sized catadrioptic - you'd be able to toss one of those on a good alt-az mount to have fun with while the ED80 is imaging, and it would be a super compact setup.

then you will be left with a scope with no mount when you get your ed80. there is an ed80 going at the moment in the classifieds. It will work very well on an heq5 and then you don't have to save as long to get a 200p dob later

Archived