Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

celestron 2" visual back ???

Just done a swap on my c8 for a 127 mak by celestron well happy as it's going to suit me to the ground, i also have a vixen flip star diagonal which has a 2" push fit main port, 1.25" for the eyepieces,

now i've bought a 2" push fit receiver but it doesnt have a 2" thread on the scope, i'm guessing i need something else for this to work..

I am not sure a 2" visual back makes a lot of sense for a 127 mak (other than to attach a vixen flip-mirror), as the baffle tube is very narrow, so I am not sure they make one. If the thread on the rear of the 127 is the same as that of the C8, several 2" visual backs can be obtained (mine is from Baader).

i dont think it is , i think i need a mak to sct converter i think it's this but not 100% certain http://www.365astronomy.com/tadapter-from-m35-for-celestron-maksutov-meade-etx-telescopes-p-2559.html?zenid=a216dec7a9f8c0d7de4e5b0f2bac1ae1

yeah i only need it for the vixen flip star diagonal , why they supply it with just a 2" push fit i'll never know it cost enough you'd think they'd chuck in a 1.25" converter, but i've bought a 2" push fit section now so i need to adapt that to fit the visual back on the mak..

can anyone confirm if the above link is right..

I wonder if you can unscrew the 2" push-fit section of the Vixen flip-mirror (which I do not use for observing, BTW, I am not impressed with its optical quality, it is a godsend for planetary imaging, however). I have found the 1.25" fitting components can be unscrewed to reveal a T2 thread. If the other end reveals the same, you can replace it with a 1.25" to T2 adapter.

the only reason i've bought it is for webcam imaging webcam out the back and my zoom lens on top , i can still use it for visual in standard port.. there is nothing on the vixen that will help i'll try and take some pictures now so it's a little more clear..

The mak does have a smaller thread on it than the SCT thread, by the looks of it. Does the mak have a T2 thread on the rear (42mm)?

Maybe one of these adaptors would work:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/index.php/language/en/cat/c126_Adapter-----to-2--Barrel.html/filter_id/39

yes it looks like i need an adapter then , not cheap this star gazing lark is it lol.. waiting to see if one pop ups on astro boot lol..

the one on 365 seems a good price but i'll wait to see if anyone else can confirm this is the correct adapter as i dont want to be wasting anymore money..

ok i cant actually believe how silly i have been , it's simple a 1.25" - 2" converter is all thats needed simular to this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-to1-25-eyepiece-adapter-/140759717722?pt=UK_Telescope_Adapters&hash=item20c5eed75a

just pop that into the visual back provided then the 2" diagonal goes in to that

dos anyone think this will affect my ability to focus , especially with a webcam, although i do have another extension piece if this helps.

Archived