Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrophotography , many quastions.

Hi :)

I'm new here and new to this whole hobby , my first telescope is the iOptron Cube-E MC90 # 8504B which has the GoTo system, really helpful , I got the hang of it in 2 days and it seems that I can fully use the telescope without problems.

its been a week now and I've decided to use my Canon EOS 1100D T3 DSLR for some AP for the moon and some other planets (will go for Deep skys later)

but I'm in a shock mode right now cause I could not get my Camera to Focus on the moon at all :(

it seems that the closer the camera to the Telescope the better it gets , only it did not get better even if I remove any accessorys and stand it there by my own hand

for now I only got the T-Adapter and T-Ring , I've read about the Bulb and other stuff but could not reach to an answer, today I found out that there are things called Focal Reducer (which seems to be the thing I needed to get a better focus)

but did not find any for my telescope , will some other kinds going to fit on my telescope ? if theres is please point me to it.

also I'm thinking of getting a new telescope , something has a bigger aptrue I think , not really sure. u can say that I have around 800$ I can go as far as 1000$ but only if its worth it.

also is it better to get a telescope with 2 inch eyepiece ? or the 1.25 is better ? for observing and AP.

my main target for AP will be Planets , but also some shots for Deep skys.

lots of stuff in mind not really sure what I'm doing.

Clear skies! ... I hope

Welcome, Amajed. A good starter to answer some of your questions would be the book "Making Every Photon Count" by Steve Richards. He covers different types of equipment for use with cameras and telescopes.

Also a good read would be

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=85923

Chris

You do not say what the scope is, which would be useful to know.

The post reads as if you are aiming the camera with the lens attached up through the eyepiece of the scope (?).

The idea is you remove the camera lens, remove the eyepiece, attach the T-ring to the camera then insert the T-piece into where the eyepiece went.

There may not be however enough inward travel for the camera to get focus. A seemingly not uncommon problem.

If I read the post incorrectly then I apologise.

The iOptron Cube is, I believe, basically an Alt/Az type of mount, it will be OK for imaging planets via an avi (movie) file but not suitable for the long exposures that are used for DSO imaging.

For DSO imaging you really need an equitorial type mount. Scope aperture is to an extent not overly important, you simply take a longer duration exposure or more exposures, this compensates for aperture.

Welcome, Amajed. A good starter to answer some of your questions would be the book "Making Every Photon Count" by Steve Richards. He covers different types of equipment for use with cameras and telescopes.

Also a good read would be

http://stargazerslou...attach_id=85923

Chris

Thanks for the PDF , downloaded it and will read it tonight, also will look for Making Every Photon Count and read it.

You do not say what the scope is, which would be useful to know.

The post reads as if you are aiming the camera with the lens attached up through the eyepiece of the scope (?).

The idea is you remove the camera lens, remove the eyepiece, attach the T-ring to the camera then insert the T-piece into where the eyepiece went.

There may not be however enough inward travel for the camera to get focus. A seemingly not uncommon problem.

If I read the post incorrectly then I apologise.

The iOptron Cube is, I believe, basically an Alt/Az type of mount, it will be OK for imaging planets via an avi (movie) file but not suitable for the long exposures that are used for DSO imaging.

For DSO imaging you really need an equitorial type mount. Scope aperture is to an extent not overly important, you simply take a longer duration exposure or more exposures, this compensates for aperture.

Thanks Sub Dwarf, I did type the name of the telescope and the model , sorry but I do not really know what kind of what telescope is exactly

here's a link for it:

http://www.ioptron.com/index.cfm?select=productdetails&phid=c44793c5-c98b-4c79-8e5c-8eb4bb1f4446

I think its a Maksotov-Cassegrain with 90 mm Aperture and a 1200 mm focal length

and about the camera , yes I did remove the lens and used only the T-Ring and T-Adapter , no eyepiece or lens were used.

the closer the camera to the telescope , the better image I can take (but its far from good) so if I made the camera far from the telescope (with a long tube or something) it will make it worse.

and about the images, yes I want to take a long exposure,

Sounds like lack of in-focus, but I didn't think that was normally an issue that affected Maks.

You might be able to reach focus with a Barlow lens. This will also increase the scope focal length, which you'll probably want for planetary imaging. Both your scope and mount are ill-suited to deep-sky imaging.

Archived