Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tohyoh 30x8 bins

Blurred Image

Found a pair of Tohyoh 30x8 bins (no I've never heard of them either) at a flea market locally. They looked ancient. Seller spun his web of anecdotes which centered around some old girl who was big on ornithology. They seemed ok and I got them for a tenner in the end. Wow! They are supurb. Very clear. Good colour. The mechanism is really tight and keeps focus very well. So if you find a pair (and you satisfy yourself fully they work correctly) snap them up.

N.

Found a pair of Tohyoh 30x8 bins
ITYM 8x30 :grin: . Reasonably good quality 1970s & '80s (I think) Japanese kit (Zeiss clones). Nice examples of how an opto-mechanically well made binocular with "mere" coated optics and BK7 prisms can be much more pleasurable to use than modern "fully multicoated" and pseudo-BaK4 budget crud. They occasionally come up on eBay for £10-£20-ish.

Archived