Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky Safari Plus or Pro?

skir

I've just bought a google nexus 7 to replace my dead laptop and I want to put sky safari on it. However which do I go for? I believe the functionality is exactly the same but that the database o pro is much larger.

I'm not bothered about paying the extra for pro but will it simply have more in it than is worth having?

That is really what I'm trying to find out to be honest. Do people find they are using the larger database or not?

I use plus and I've found the database to be easily large enough for me. To date I haven't searched for anything it hasn't found. If you name a couple of things you think you might want as examples I'll search for them and let you know if you like.

I use plus and I've found the database to be easily large enough for me. To date I haven't searched for anything it hasn't found. If you name a couple of things you think you might want as examples I'll search for them and let you know if you like.

thanks for the offer I think I'll just buy the pro version, it'll save me thinking about what I might be missing out on.

Have a look at Deep Sky Browser, it's very comprehensive. What I like is it gives you an altitude graph of the various objects on the day as well as the time of year.

I think scooot might have been referring to the deep sky search tool in safari.

No I wasn't actually, I was referring to Astro Devices Deep Sky Bowser but I didn't realise it wasn't available on Android, didn't really think about it actually. It is very good, I use it to compliment Sky Safari, usually for planning viewing.

Archived