Ultra Wide Angle Eyepiece Questions and Help

Good morning all,

I need some advice with Ultra Wide Angle eyepieces. Last year I attended a start party and friend showed me the double cluster through my telescope with his super wide angle eyepiece. The view was amazing it was up close and very detailed. I recently bought a Ultra Wide Angle eyepiece which I used for the first time last night. The only difference is that the cluster was visible, but very far away. The eye piece specs are below along with my telescope details. I guess I'm asking for advice as to which eyepiece I should use to get the same results we got at the star party. Maybe the Ultra Wide Angle I'm using has too big of an angle? Standing by for inputs. Thank you.

My details:

Telescope

Sky-Watcher Explorer-200P (EQ5) Parabolic Newtonian Reflector Telescope

Type Parabolic Newtonian Reflector Primary mirror 200mm Focal length (tele) 1000 Max aperture (tele) f/5 Eyepiece 10mm & 25mm, x2 Deluxe Barlow Lens Magnification x40, x80, x100, x200

Eyepiece

Sky-Watcher Sky Panorama 15mm Ultra-Wide Eyepiece

Type Ultrawide Eyepiece Focal Length 15mm Apparent Field of View 82 Degree Eyepiece Barrels 1.25 Inch/31.7mm Format For use with

Any 1.25 Inch eyepiece holder

I guess the big question is what eyepiece were you using at the star party ?

You would need to duplicate the quality and focal length of the eyepiece to get the same results.

15mm is a sort of medium power. If you looked through, say, a 5mm Nagler, at the star party then the cluster would have looked a lot larger in the field of view.

Archived