NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

webcam focusing issue

burger

Tried to get an image of the moon last night in the 30 mins clear sky we had.

Tried all eyepieces no problem at all.

Tried with the webcams I have and just do not seem to get a sharp image, its as thought I just need to turn the focus wheel a fraction more to get it in sharp focus.

I have a skywatcher 130M 900mm and in camera terms its a though I need to take one step away from the subject.

I removed the eyepiece socket and screwed the webcam directly in its place and that just about focused as it was that fraction nearer but then the clouds came and I gave up.

Is it just too strong for the moon without an eyepiece and will I have the same issue when I connect my Canon DSLR (not got the adapter yet)

Many thanks

Mark

This is a common problem with the 130. Using a barlow is the "easy" way to move the focus point out a little, but obviously that means your field of view is smaller. To get focus without a barlow you need to start modding something somewhere depending on how confident you feel.

James

Archived