Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Firecapture camera selection problem

JamesF

I had a nasty little problem with Firecapture last night. My laptop has a built-in camera, and although I've only really been using Firecapture with my ASI camera last time I used it was to check how it handled the SPC900.

When I started it up last night I wasn't presented with a camera selection dialogue box, but dropped straight into the main program with the input taken from the built-in camera and I couldn't find any way to change it. I assume that's because the application finds a single camera available using the same interface as last time it was used and just defaults to that.

After a bit of faffing about I discovered that by editing the .ini file I could get it to use a different type of camera as a default, but it took some time to work that one out.

Does anyone know of another way around this?

James

Torsten replied with a solution for this. The FireCapture install directory includes a number of short cuts, eg. "FireCapture_ASI". Running the program via that shortcut should start it with the correct camera.

James

Archived