Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep sky and goto

Hi all first post so thought I'd say hello.

i have a celestron cpc 925 and have started to get some deep space images, i seem to have a problem and need some advice.

typical night

i would polar align the scope and all is good.

i then use the goto commands to say find andromeda

then I would set the guide scope using PHD

after a while and taking several images I then move on to say Orion Nebula but the polar alignment has been lost, and the goto commands don't seem to take me to the right places in the sky. I have even tried to navigate to say Jupiter and the scope is way out of alignment.

is this normal and am I losing the goto / polar alignment because I am locking onto a star using PHD.

Do I need to polar align again before I can use the goto

any help would be great as I'm kinda stuck at the moment.

thanks in advance

gaz

Hi all

spikey - I'm using the celestron 9.25 with the fork mount that comes with the scope

the polar aligning is programmes in to the handset and I use the eq north along and then I have to mount align to allow for the wedge, If I don't use the guider I can use the goto all night without problems - once I use the guider with PHD it seems to lose any alignment I have done should i want to move to another object in the handset database

thanks

gaz

Hi, someone far more knowledgeable than me will no doubt be along shortly to help you but welcome to the forum. Another Essex member for the club :smiley:

what club ? I'm looking for a local one but didn't want to join until I had a little knowledge. Didn't want to look like the newbie fool

Sorry, a little misleading but there is an Essex social group on SGL called the Essex cloud dodgers and although I am yet to make one they do meet up quite regularly.

Don't worry about looking like a newbie fool you can go with me. I will make you look like a genius having only just started myself.

Archived