NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Backyard EOS question

ollypenrice

It does a screen stretch automatically when previewing images and there doesn't appear to be any way to change the curve applied, other than maybe using a separate program to do your own stretch. If you can't see any nebulosity, might be due to the fact that your expectations have been ruined by too much access to good CCD cameras? :)

It does a screen stretch automatically when previewing images and there doesn't appear to be any way to change the curve applied, other than maybe using a separate program to do your own stretch. If you can't see any nebulosity, might be due to the fact that your expectations have been ruined by too much access to good CCD cameras? :)

HAHAHAHAHA yeah i think you are right :grin:

Hey, don't encourage me! I'm on best behaviour trying this camera with an open mind (and because my good CCD camera has gone to the hospital!!!)

A decent screen stretch is so important in previewing an image. I find the stretch in Nebulosity, quite honestly, an utter abomination compared with that in Artemis Capture. Going into another software for a stretch is a possibility. As said, though, a pain and an not an necessary one.

Olly

You could email the author and suggest he improves it. Personally I would prefer a better histogram function, as it is hard to tell whether you have overexposed in the tiny one built in to the software (a flaw many capture applications share). You need to be able to zoom or have some kind of readout function to figure out whether you have saturated or not so I usually end up using an external viewer of some sort anyway.

Archived