NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

12 Volt LCD Monitor?

abberation

Hi

During this cloudy period I have had a go at the Asda web cam, but I was unable to get it focussed. However

I'll persue that later. I have read the articles on the Xbox web cams and manage to get a couple with an adapter

on order. I dont particularly want to use my laptop outside or in my tin shed. I have a spare base unit that I propose

to permantly keep outside for using Stellarium, and have been looking for a small 12 volt lcd monitor to use along side

my scopes for focussing etc., but so far have not been able to locate one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

When I was looking for a TV for my caravan (bare with me) I found places like Tesco, Aldis and the like offered a small 12v TV for reasonable money and then found that a lot of the tv's Tesco were selling actually used a power adaptor so with a bit of fiddling could be used on 12v and a couple of them had RGB inputs so you could use as monitors.

They were pretty low amp hour consumption too.

I will have a search and try to find a link

Have a look on Amazon for Lilliput monitors, you can get various sizes but 5" and 7" are most common. I have a 569GL which works on 12v or panasonic/sony video camera batteries. HD resolution and multiple ways to connect it, I use hdmi.

I bought an aftermarket battery for panasonic video which just clips onto the back of the monitor and it lasts about eight hours on a full charge.

Hi,

I have a 14" LCD computer monitor that runs off 12v, and comes with a mains adapter to, i used it for that very thing last year, maybe we could sort something out if you wanted to buy it from me as i now use a 10" netbook and have no use for it anymore,

Let me know at:

astro@ollyspages.co.uk

www.ollyspages.co.uk

regards

Olly

Archived