Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 7Ah Powertank

petercoxphoto

I recently bought one of these and the first time I charged it, I managed to do so with the power switch in the 'on' position, not the 'charge' position. Now when I use it, the switch needs to be in the 'charge' position for it to power anything, and I need to charge it from the 'on' position. This is obviously the reverse from the way things should be.

It does hold a charge and it does power my devices, but am I in danger of damaging the thing if I continue doing it this way? I've tried charging it with the switch in 'charge', but the charging light does not come on.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Peter

I recently bought one of these and the first time I charged it, I managed to do so with the power switch in the 'on' position, not the 'charge' position. Now when I use it, the switch needs to be in the 'charge' position for it to power anything, and I need to charge it from the 'on' position. This is obviously the reverse from the way things should be.

It does hold a charge and it does power my devices, but am I in danger of damaging the thing if I continue doing it this way? I've tried charging it with the switch in 'charge', but the charging light does not come on.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Peter

The switched need to be down on the side you want. So you press it down on the charge side to charge and down on the On side to use.

If that is not the case it looks like the switch has been wired the wrong way round. Shouldn't be a problem.

Having had one I much prefer the Maplin power packs. Cheaper and more power.

It does sound like its wired backwards. Just check the voltage with a multimeter if you have one to make sure its giving out 12v with a center pin positive, which is what most devices run on (Thats if you're using the 2.5mm jack connectiosn, are you powering a camera or something else?). 7Amp hours sounds like a lot, but wait until you stick some dew heaters on that. It'll run dry quickly.

Archived