Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help please.

ok i am new to this imaging game.

i use a celestron nexstar 8se, and imaging source dmk21au04.

i have a few problems and will list them all.

it is very hard to frame the planet in the frame the camera can see., i use a 25mm e-lux possl. and get the planet in the middle, when i change the eyepiece for ccd camera, it is not in frame and takes ages of guessing where it is to get it in the frame.

problem 2, when i change the RGB filters the scope has a tendancy to move, thus jupiter is not in view again.

i attach my image of jupiter from 6th feb 13. but would like some tips please on how i can improve it.- image was taken without any RGB filters, and i have guessed my way through the registax process.

Finally, can anyone help with a detailed registax tutorial, as some i have found do not relate to the current version of registax.

Thanks all, and be gentle with me as i am learning.

Thanks

Paul

Astro0001 13-02-06 19-44-57.bmp

You should be able to get some godd images with that set up.

As regards getting Jupiter in the frame - you need to make sure its in the middle of view of the eye-piece before you swap over. I get it in the middle of a 10mm eye piece. Then add a barlow. Get it in the middle - then replace the eyepiece for the camera. Its usually round abouts then I just centre it and focus.

As regards improving the image I think first you might need a x2 or x2.5 barlow to increase the image size. That might help for a start. Otherwise its a bit small.

I only use registax for wavelets now. Stacking and aligning is Autostakkert 2 is quicker and more straightforward. Then open the image in registx and apply wavelts for sharpening.

Archived