Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light with my new scope on M45

Astronut1982

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a TS 80/480 triplet from a member on here [Thanks John] & I finally got a chance to try it out on Friday. Unfortunately I don't have a flattener yet, so I need to be selective with my targets.

Taking this onto account, I chose The Pleiades as my first target. The image is 11 x 600s guided subs with darks & bias frames added, the equipment I used to take the image is all included in the image details. I'm pretty happy with it but I will most likely add more to it to bring out more nebulosity.

8b3caa44-c60c-4106-9295-dd398ade9780_thumb.png

When I was processing the image, I noticed the halos appearing around the brighter stars. I have no idea how they got there & was wondering if anyone could tell me what has caused them & if there is any way to remove them in post processing, I have Photoshop 6 & Pixinsight.

Thanks in advance for looking & any help or advice offered,

Jeff

Odd that the halos are in red. The camera is modded. It may have some connection with that. I'm guessing but modded DSLRs tend to be over sensitive to red, which needn't be a problem since it can be rebalanced in software. I'd split the channels to confirm that the halos are in red, first.

Olly

Archived