Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CGem help required

Hi all,

I am in need of some help regarding my tracking and keeping alignment.

The other night for the first time I managed to align the mount properly! I gave it some tough tests like slowing between M42 and M31 just to make sure it was spot on and it was!

I then left it on M42 for a good ten minutes and noticed the tracking was off and it had drifted by half a degree from the centre. I pressed enter and it centred it, so at this point the alignment was still spot on, though the tracking wasn't.

I then left it again whilst I went inside to make use of the facilities. When I came out I didn't re-centre M42 but instead went straight to Jupiter, which was just over half a degree off centre so I manually centred it.

With each additional object I slewed to it seemed to get more and more out of alignment. The worst being M36 at the end if the session which was between 2-3 degrees out.

What can I try to get my tracking working properly?

Is there anything I can do about the alignment or is this probably due to the tracking being out?

Thanks for reading,

Neil

If goto is good but it isn't tracking accurately then the problem is that the scope isn't polar aligned.

There's a polar align option in the HC, press the align button and use the up/downbuttons to find the Align Mount option. The instructions on the HC should help.

Chris

Archived