Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 30/01/2013 HELP PLEASE

I've just done a little clean, there was 2 large pieces which came away easily with a blower thank goodness. With a magnifying glass it looked like it could have potentially been a small bit of foam.

I've just plugged it in with the microlens in to check it still works, cant tell if its any cleaner atm. Very difficult to see the dust even when it was filthy.

That sounds like a result to me - perhaps take a couple of light frames just to see how clean the image is now.

I getting quite long sighted nowadays so struggle with the close in viewing/detailed work. After looking for months on ebay for a reasonably priced desk lamp/magnifier, I've just picked up a cheap one at £ 30 from Aldi. It's only 2.5x, but well lit with LED lamps and makes an amazing difference to me ;)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again guys.

Well with the lens in, there was a very large spot (swapped microlens for nosepiece and it was still there), I was worried it was something serious because of its size, however took it all apart again...magnifying glass and lamp, and it was just dust/foam whatever.

Very fiddly to come off though, I was hoping not to but I had to give it a veeeeery gentle wipe with the cloth. However, plugged it all in with nosepiece and IR filter and the dot has gone!!

Again I cannot tell quite how clean it is but I certainly can say it is cleaner, the test will be Jupiter later I suppose.

Now for that crescent moon I'm after ;)

Dan

Archived