NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Interesting EQ8 Pro Info

ribuck

Hi All,

I stumbled across a page which looks like it has some more information on the EQ8 Pro mount. Whilst i have no way of confirming if the details are true, it makes for an interesting read as it suggest that there will be a built in shutter release for DSLR's, and the bit i will be disappointed with if true, is that it only one of the Axis is Direct drive, whilst the other is belt driven.

Here the link, and take it with a pinch of Salt as i have no way of confirming any of this, and Apologies if this has already been posted in another thread.

http://www.astrophotography.id.au/ (you have to scroll down the page a little)

Rich.

According to the FLO website and the user manual, the direct DSLT shutter socket is already present on the EQ6-GT. Look like a right hefty mount though. 50kg payload capacity so I guess we can expect about 35 for imaging?

And here's FLO's EQ8 info:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/skywatcher-eq8-mount.html

Is it really 'direct drive' using such a design that is suggested in the article? I think of ASA and the likes when direct drive is mentioned.

But Synta should have a fair bit of cash for R&D to get this mount right, and it could be an absolute hit. The new LX850 in that same league seems an easy target...

/Jesper

Cath, my mistake i had thought they were employing direct drive technology like ASA, but they are just using worm/screw config on one axis and belt drive on the other. Odd to mix up the configuration like that if it turns out to be true.

Jesper, to be honest whilst i'm interested in seeing what they come up with, but I'm still likely to go for a GM1000HPS. I had originally wanted an ASA DDM60, but there are no uk dealers, and their price is just too high especially when you add on import duty on top.

I guess the next mount i buy has to last me 10-15 years, so i want something well built and hassle free.

Cath, my mistake i had thought they were employing direct drive technology like ASA, but they are just using worm/screw config on one axis and belt drive on the other. Odd to mix up the configuration like that if it turns out to be true.

built and hassle free.

ooo don't worry about it, I was a bit busy when I sent that post so kept it short :)

Jesper, to be honest whilst i'm interested in seeing what they come up with, but I'm still likely to go for a GM1000HPS. I had originally wanted an ASA DDM60, but there are no uk dealers, and their price is just too high especially when you add on import duty on top.

Teleskop Express sell them. And as they are in Germany (EU) there'd be no import tax.

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/de/info/p5263_.html

Archived