Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200p canon 1100 prime focus?

cthorpey

Hi folks,

I am seriously thinking of ordering the 200p on the eq5 goto from flo. Can anyone tell me if I can get prime focus with my canon 1100 d or am I going to have inward focus issues. Spending a lot of cash so really don't want to get it wrong..

Thanks in advance

Chris.

You won't get focus issues if you use the direct camera connection, it'll be fine.

I was also going to ask this question.... Can you expand on what you mean by the direct camera connection?

is a t-ring needed?

Thanks.

I have the dob and can just about manage with my 1100d. You obviously need a t-adapter for the camera, but the t-ring is part of the 1.25" adapter that comes with the scope. You simply unscrew the 1.25" barrel, leaving you with a 2" adapter with a t-thread on it. I tried another t-adapter, just a bog standard one, but it didnt work. You need the low profile of the one that comes with the scope.

Sorry, I was on my phone typing that earlier, I didn't really have time to go into more details. Jimmy is right. The direct camera connection on some Skywatcher newts is revealed when the 1.25" eyepiece adapter is separated into 2 pieces, revealing a T thread to which you can attach a normal T ring. A nosepiece is not required. I don't know about the 130P, but this certainly works on the 200P - I've used it! :)

Archived