1st White Light an Ha with PST

springbok

Hi guys,

Here's my 1st attempts at solar.

The white light was from last year, taken with a C8 and a SPC900 webcam.

And the Ha was taken with Robin's old PST (and SPC900), which he kindly sold to me last week. It was only a quick and dirty 45 minute session.

I was hoping to try my QHY5, but had a few techincal difficulties, sorted now.

Regards,

Grahame.

C8 with SPC900 webcam

8004963300_f201feb8e1_z.jpg

C8 + focal ruducer and Canon 1100D

8004984663_1f175dd086_z.jpg

PST SPC900

8424541941_132699963b_z.jpg

Family (+ daughters school friend) enjoying a bit of solar viewing.

8015665390_23aec0490b_z.jpg

solar by grahame.wright, on Flickr

Nice set of pictures Grahame and nice viewing hood. Your white light shows lots of detail onthe sunspot group which shows the benefit of aperture. Your Ha is nicely illuminated and you caught some nice proms on a difficult weekend for most. A great start.

Robin

Amazing WL shot! and the prominences are brilliant, you have got some great details out with the SPC900, puts me to shame as I could never get anything like that detail out of mine. I also love the last image the best, so wonderful see them having fun, I really wish I had had this opportunity at that age :)

Alexandra

Thanks all for the kind comments.

I'll give the QHY5 a go when I next see the sun............

The girls had fun viewing the sun. Although it wasn't the best setup, with two 8 year olds running around on the decking :grin:

After they had finished having a look, they were banned from the decking, so I could attempt some imaging.

My wife and daughter have a healthy interest in astronomy.

I was telling Robin the other day, that it softens the blow a bit with the cost of the astro gear. At least my wife and daughter get some the benefit of the money spent.

Grahame.

Archived