Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Post in This Section...

Davestate

Hi all,

You may have read in the Beginners section that I have today purchased an SW 200P-DS sat on top of an HEQ5 Pro mount. I returned from Optic Star this afternoon with the kit which is sat outside, all balanced and ready to polar align, once the sky clears and I can perform a Polar Alignment.

One thing that I was disappointed with during the purchasing phase was that the kit came with a "free" 12v mains power adapter and a 12v car cigarette adapter; I would have preferred 2x mains supplies that I could plug into my outdoor power supply in the garden - fortunately I already own one of these jump start supplies that I use for camping, otherwise I'd be going 'down the creek without a paddle' so to speak, why on earth does the supplier / manufacturer not provide 2x power supplies with the mount is beyond me!

Anyways... any tips at this point whilw waiting for the temp to normalise / sky to clear would be gratefully received...

I also purchased an SW 80ED Pro and an AZ4 mount but these items will save for another day... :)

I returned from Optic Star this afternoon with the kit which is sat outside, all balanced and ready to polar align, once the sky clears

Yeah in your dreams - nothing like optimism, cloud rain and more cloud tonight

Archived