NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

OAG on C9.25 with 0.63 FR

Hi

I am starting this subject afresh since it got convoluted in another thread I had going in imaging section and it lost its way a bit. Mods please leave this up on whole setups ?

This OAG business appears to be a most confusing subject with everyone cobbling together a bespoke solution it seems......

I am getting a C9.25 and a Celestron radial guider I think. I understand that I need a FR as well to get a lower FL. Will I need any extra spacing to a modded DSLR I want to use? Or will the radial guider provide the precise distance?

Also, how would I put my 2" IDAS LP filter in the imaging train? Would I need a T2 48mm extension with a built in internal thread for the 2" filter? Would this connect at the "back" of the OAG. Would such a extension add too much to the length away from the reducer?

I intend on using my QHY5 as the guidecam.

Appreciate thoughts and help please since I am thoroughly confused!!!!?

Rgds, Steve

The "stack-up" from the rear of the reducer should be close to 110mm to the CCD chip. This means a 55mm "gap" with a DSLR/T2 adaptor.

From memory this is the length of the Celestron Radial OAG......

You can get T2 to 48mm adaptors from Telescope Service which would allow you to fit the filter....You'd need to double check the "optical length".....

Hope this helps..

Archived