Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SM ii 60 mounting srews

Bender

I thought this might be the best place to ask. I bought a SM ii 60 from Telescophouse last week und must say I am quite impressed with the build quality. I was a bit worried about the nylon screws for the draw tube and the focuser but it all feels solid and well made.

I tried to screw a dovetail bar on with 1/4" screws (they are from my TV bar so definitely 1/4")

The screws didn't go further than a quarter of a turn in so in the end I forced them in.

Now I am worried I might just have damaged the threads in the clamshell and the scope will fall of the mount at some point.

Anyone had a similar problem with the threads in the clamshell?

If you've forced them in I'm pretty sure they will stay in safely. Damage might occur if you repeatedly removed the dovetail bar. I have noticed that several "1/4" screws of late have been M6 where 1/4" Whitworth or 1/4" UNC might have been expected. :smiley:

If you've forced them in I'm pretty sure they will stay in safely. Damage might occur if you repeatedly removed the dovetail bar. I have noticed that several "1/4" screws of late have been M6 where 1/4" Whitworth or 1/4" UNC might have been expected. :smiley:

I thought it might be a M6 screw but they came with the Televue dovetail bar and it w t smoothly into the Televue clamshell that had 1/4 " threads

Archived