Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear sky tonight

Oli

Tonight i have really good clear sky, and its also very cold. Is there anything you can recommend to look for with 15x70 bins. Last night I actually found a galaxy to the south but couldnt figure out what it was.

Im currently using this sky and telescope interactive sky chart to point out clusters etc.

http://skychart.skytonight.com/observing/skychart/skychart.asp?rsif%20=%20EOF%20userID%20

Given the big bright moon, the fainter stuff is harder to appreciate fully coz it's too faint!!!!!!. Open clusters like M45 are worth a long look. You might be able to see a few other clusters like the double cluster. M31 the andromeda galaxy is probably going to be visible.

However, what I'd do is get something to prop the binos on and have a nice long look at the moon.

Anthony

yeh the moon has been too bright tonight. ive been trying to track mars using skymaps but just cant seem to see it. Luckily though ive seen the M44 cluster which looked good. I try the andromeda galaxy thx.

Archived